Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097445 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1470 on: November 23, 2009, 06:36:56 PM »
In case you didn't get the Foghead email today: KFOG will do the traditional Thanksgiving airing of "Alice's Restaurant" at noon and 6pm.  (Of course KPIG will probably play it five times...)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 01, 2009, 01:41:09 PM »
Just noticed that the "send us your audition tapes to be the new Don Pardo" plea is no longer on the KFOG 10@10 page. Not sure when it was removed. Guess that idea fell by the wayside.

Had to be recent--I recall seeing it the week before Thanksgiving. But given we haven't heard much about it since say, late June, I am not surprised that the plan got shelved.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: December 03, 2009, 10:02:02 AM »
Noticed that Renee is anchoring the Morning Show this week. I assume Webster is on vacay, but I haven't heard her mention him at all, i.e. "sitting in for the vacationing Webster, who'll be back on Monday" or words to that effect. Anyone heard anything?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 03, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
Noticed that Renee is anchoring the Morning Show this week. I assume Webster is on vacay, but I haven't heard her mention him at all, i.e. "sitting in for the vacationing Webster, who'll be back on Monday" or words to that effect. Anyone heard anything?

Webster's in Hawaii with 20 Fogheads on that "World Class Adventure" they gave away recently.  And It's been mentioned extensively during the Morning Show, at least early on (6:00 hour) when I'm listening.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 03, 2009, 10:22:27 AM »

Webster's in Hawaii with 20 Fogheads on that "World Class Adventure" they gave away recently.  And It's been mentioned extensively during the Morning Show, at least early on (6:00 hour) when I'm listening.

Ah, that explains it. I usually tune in sometime during the 9am hour, and they haven't mentioned it once that I've heard.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: December 03, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »

Ah, that explains it. I usually tune in sometime during the 9am hour, and they haven't mentioned it once that I've heard.

Me neither...although I knew about that WCA & totally forgot about it as soon as the promos ended.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 04, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »
So, does KFOG only have access to one picture of Matt Kearney?  I've heard just one song from him and I'm sick of him and his stare into space.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 05, 2009, 12:25:04 AM »

So, does KFOG only have access to one picture of Matt Kearney?  I've heard just one song from him and I'm sick of him and his stare into space.

bwahahahaha!  I have heard more than one song, but that remains the only pic I've seen.  Is there some global conspiracy to bring back the fedora?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 05, 2009, 12:08:26 PM »

bwahahahaha!  I have heard more than one song, but that remains the only pic I've seen.  Is there some global conspiracy to bring back the fedora?

Well, we know whose fault THAT is (his name starts with M and ends with Z).

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »

Well, we know whose fault THAT is (his name starts with M and ends with Z).

Rest assured the fedora will be OFF when someday Mr. A-Z and I knock da boots.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 05, 2009, 04:35:29 PM »

Rest assured the fedora will be OFF when someday Mr. A-Z and I knock da boots.

*shudder* [Mike loses apppetite for entire week] *shudder*

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 11, 2009, 07:40:59 AM »
As I was leaving the house today, KFOG were threatening to play Rush's "Tom Sawyer. Glad I had to leave  ;)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 11, 2009, 08:34:21 AM »
As I was leaving the house today, KFOG were threatening to play Rush's "Tom Sawyer. Glad I had to leave  ;)

ha, I just turned it on, and Brain Cooley of Cnet just stopped talking long enough for Web & Gang to play the Cars. 

at this rate, you should watch out for a Jason Mraz/Green Day twin spin!~
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 14, 2009, 12:35:16 PM »
Nice to see that even tho' Dave's gone, the Kinsey Sicks drag-appella group will be on the Morning Show tomorrow to do Xmas song parodies.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: December 15, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »
"Throw up your arms" indeed: KFOG played a new version of "21 Guns" this morning, featuring the cast of the American Idiot stage show and Green Day themselves. Very Broadway; after playing it Webster came on and said "No, that was NOT the cast of Glee..."