Author Topic: The Job Thread  (Read 78454 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Job Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2008, 10:18:33 AM »
It looks like I will be starting a new job soon with Alpha Networks.  Had lunch yesterday and hashed out the basics of the compensation, they want me to start ASAP.  Just down the street from my old job on Great America.

Congrats! Hope this is the one for ya -- money *and* happiness. You deserve it, bub!

Hear, hear! And hope they have a company-wide ban on meetings between the hours of 9am and 11am!
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »
It looks like I will be starting a new job soon with Alpha Networks.  Had lunch yesterday and hashed out the basics of the compensation, they want me to start ASAP.  Just down the street from my old job on Great America.
Great news!  Hope it works out for ya in all ways!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2008, 05:44:10 PM »
woooo hoooo. Hope it is all you want it to be. Let's get together for lunch before you get tied up with work and before I'm working.

btw: I didn't get the job I interviewed for two weeks ago. Someone else who had working experience with their app got it. I don't feel badly. I sent a stupendous cover letter last night for another job (Company "B") that is a realistic possibility and got a call today scheduling a phone interview for Thursday. Hope I can talk my way into an in person meeting. It is my fourth time trying to get into Company B.
Sharks bleed teal.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »
woooo hoooo. Hope it is all you want it to be. Let's get together for lunch before you get tied up with work and before I'm working.

btw: I didn't get the job I interviewed for two weeks ago. Someone else who had working experience with their app got it. I don't feel badly. I sent a stupendous cover letter last night for another job (Company "B") that is a realistic possibility and got a call today scheduling a phone interview for Thursday. Hope I can talk my way into an in person meeting. It is my fourth time trying to get into Company B.

Congratulations Mark!

Good luck Ali!

I'm seriously considering a change of venue myself these days.  It sucks when you just don't want to go to work anymore.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2008, 01:34:34 AM »

Continuing to think good thoughts for ya here.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »
Good news from my house: Christina got a job offer yesterday!

Safeway HQ is in Pleasanton, & she got a comparable job with them.  Starts on the 8th.

Yay!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2008, 10:08:13 AM »

Safeway HQ is in Pleasanton, & she got a comparable job with them.  Starts on the 8th.

Yay!

Woohooo!!! In these times, that's doing really well. And she's gonna love that commute!

It'll be a merry xmas in the Schroeder household, fo' sho!! Congrats to the both of you!
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »

Yay!
*applause*

So glad to hear it!  One more thing for us all to celebrate next month!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2008, 10:39:42 AM »

Yay!
*applause*

So glad to hear it!  One more thing for us all to celebrate next month!

INDEED! that's great! 
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »

Yay!
Congrats! Wonderful news.
Sharks bleed teal.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »

Yay!

nice -- happy thanksgiving!
~CPL593H~

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »
OK. Unemployment bennies running out. Desperate. Two great interviews yesterday. One commission based sales in a retail environment, the other a contract position with a great tech company. Want the contract job, just got offered the sales job. Must take and pass a drug test before 10am on Thursday. Won't be a problem. Good earning potential with sales but must commit to retail hours/schedule. I know I gotta do what I gotta do.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »
OK. Unemployment bennies running out. Desperate. Two great interviews yesterday. One commission based sales in a retail environment, the other a contract position with a great tech company. Want the contract job, just got offered the sales job. Must take and pass a drug test before 10am on Thursday. Won't be a problem. Good earning potential with sales but must commit to retail hours/schedule. I know I gotta do what I gotta do.

Take it baby!  Too bad that Sharks thing didn't pan.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »

Good news, but I also hope you get the contract job if that's what you want.

Fingers crossed!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »

Take it baby!  Too bad that Sharks thing didn't pan.
Mr. Shark never even gave me feedback. I called and emailed to follow up and got nada. I'd still take it in a heartbeat. I just went for a walk and got a call from the recruiter about the contract. The hiring mgr is thinking it over for a day or two. Worried I don't have enough B2B sales experience. That should not influence things since the work being done isn't actual selling but doing behind the scenes work to faciliate B2B and channel sales. I asked the recruiter not to pressure the mgr saying I had something else on the line. I just want it to play out naturally. I worry about commuting into Sili Valley early in the morning but then the sales job could be any day of the week and up till 9pm. Just need to work again. Now I'm stressed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:47:38 AM by Alicat »
Sharks bleed teal.