Author Topic: The Job Thread  (Read 78462 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: The Job Thread
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2009, 04:57:50 PM »
I'm starting my new working life on Monday and will be in training for 2 weeks. Longish commute for the training and I'll be more absent from here than I have been recently. I so took for granted being in an office at a desk with a computer. I did have one extension left on unemployment. I'm crossing my fingers that this is going to be great.
Sharks bleed teal.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »
I'm starting my new working life on Monday and will be in training for 2 weeks. Longish commute for the training and I'll be more absent from here than I have been recently. I so took for granted being in an office at a desk with a computer. I did have one extension left on unemployment. I'm crossing my fingers that this is going to be great.

congrats and good luck!
~CPL593H~

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2009, 05:55:21 PM »

That is great news, Ali!  Hope it turns out to be a great opportunity.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »

That is great news, Ali!  Hope it turns out to be a great opportunity.

Indeed! Congratulations and on to bigger and better things!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2009, 10:12:41 PM »
I didn't get the pink slip I was expecting, which is good, but we're going to take some sort of pay cut.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »

Been two weeks since Ali started the new gig. She must be really throwing herself into it, as she's been pretty scarce around here (understandably). Anyone heard from her?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2009, 09:30:12 PM »

Been two weeks since Ali started the new gig. She must be really throwing herself into it, as she's been pretty scarce around here (understandably). Anyone heard from her?

a Facebook comment here & there, but nothing regarding the new job.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2009, 10:48:25 PM »
I'm in search mode again. Still employed and losing my sanity. Too much BS.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »
I'm in search mode again. Still employed and losing my sanity. Too much BS.

Urgh ... Sorry to hear!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »
For you writers and you know who you are.

Job at Yelp,

As the North Bay Yelp Community Manager, you'll be a full-time Yelp employee doing whatever it takes to grow the community of active yelpers. Working out of the Yelp HQ in SF, your home or anywhere with WiFi, you'll lead Yelp's success in Marin County and beyond, and become an integral member of our all-star SF Bay Area team.

About you

* Lives to write; writes to live. You know who you are. Pencils down.
* Has a fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
* Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. You are the Mayor. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
* Have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience (existing Yelp community managers have 5 to 15 years).

About the job

* Writing. Write locally compelling newsletters weekly and inspiring reviews daily. Persuasive pitches to venue owners and marketing partners.
* Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, wrangle, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
More 411 online
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2009, 10:02:38 AM »
Just need to vent for a moment. 

My Boss is a DICK!!!  ...also incompetent at anything to do with sales or leadership.  Worse than useless.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2009, 08:35:38 PM »
Attention Geoff (and Ali), the ultimate Deadhead job:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=51402
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:58:15 PM by Wayback »

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2009, 08:59:31 PM »
Wish I had the qualifications.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2009, 11:58:56 PM »

A friend of mine in Massachusetts is perhaps uniquely suited for this - he's a longtime huge Dead fan (but not Deadhead) and pop culture/history knowledge vacuum with a library science master's.  I've forwarded him the info - and wonder if his wife would consider the move if UCSC agrees he's a perfect fit.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”