Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 271060 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2006, 08:15:17 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
so i'm celebrating two weeks of illegal immigrant statehood. or, maybe, non-statehood. so far, so good. i can't leave the country for fear of penalty, but spain, well, madrid has been good to me.

Careful out there!  We don't want you to wind up like that guy who's lived in Charles De Gaulle Airport for 10+ years!

Anyone taping (or, dare I ask, webcasting) your show?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2006, 08:24:15 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
so i'm celebrating two weeks of illegal immigrant statehood. or, maybe, non-statehood. so far, so good. i can't leave the country for fear of penalty, but spain, well, madrid has been good to me.

Careful out there!  We don't want you to wind up like that guy who's lived in Charles De Gaulle Airport for 10+ years!

Anyone taping (or, dare I ask, webcasting) your show?

i never heard about the charles de gaulle guy! sounds wacky!

i don't know about audio for tonight. definitely no webcast. i will take my mp3 recorder, and maybe i'll be able to plug it into the board. we'll see...

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2006, 10:36:20 PM »
updates: show was awesome. i'm in "negotiations" now with my new promoter and manager. more on that later.

meantime, summer in spain is awesome. i have some friends visiting from amsterdam. tonight we (successfully) bought drugs on the street, avoided a near robbery, and were accosted by two sex workers of different sexes. or genders. i've been gone so long i forget which is PC.  i also saw daniel barenboim conduct an orchestra at plaza mayor (for free) tonight. i've long been obsessed with him since i learned he was once married to jacqueline du pre. if you don't know, you betta aks somebody.

gotta go. there's a beautiful blonde german woman in my bed, and my girlfriend is off partying with her daughter tonight, so i'm not accountable.

hasta la victoria,
poc

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
steadfast postin
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2006, 11:21:11 PM »
there's a beautiful blonde german woman in my bed, and my girlfriend is off partying with her daughter tonight, so i'm not accountable.

hasta la victoria,
poc

And yet, POC soldiers on to report from the Spanish Front!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2006, 09:37:24 AM »

hasta la victoria,
poc

I didn't know you liked the Silos.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2006, 09:50:45 AM »
updates: show was awesome. i'm in "negotiations" now with my new promoter and manager. more on that later.

meantime, summer in spain is awesome. i have some friends visiting from amsterdam. tonight we (successfully) bought drugs on the street, avoided a near robbery, and were accosted by two sex workers of different sexes. or genders. i've been gone so long i forget which is PC.  i also saw daniel barenboim conduct an orchestra at plaza mayor (for free) tonight. i've long been obsessed with him since i learned he was once married to jacqueline du pre. if you don't know, you betta aks somebody.

gotta go. there's a beautiful blonde german woman in my bed, and my girlfriend is off partying with her daughter tonight, so i'm not accountable.

hasta la victoria,
poc

That's our Princess: Bringing world peace, one individual at a time.

BTW, remind me to suggest that you pitch some of your tale-telling to Jane magazine.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2006, 09:52:37 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
That's our Princess: Bringing world peace, one individual at a time.

and there's nothing like finding a piece, er, I mean peace, in your bed.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2006, 02:54:50 PM »
Quote from: "urth"

hasta la victoria,
poc

I didn't know you liked the Silos.

i don't know who they are. that's a quote i stole from a poster of che guevara.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2006, 10:19:15 PM »
One of the weirder transit experiences I've had in SF:

Planned to see a movie tonite: there was a 7:20 Factotum and a 7:30 Half Nelson at Embarcadero.  Got out of the gym at 6:30, grabbed a quick slice o'pizza and hopped on BART at 7:00. Plenty of time, right?  Well, we pull into Embarcadero station at 7:10, and even tho' I'm in the rear of the train, the station's goin' by rather fast...

...and damned if the driver doesn't overshoot the station by, like,  4 or 5 cars!  And so we sit there. He can't back up.  He announces that he's going to manually lock the doors on the cars that are beyond the platform so that he can then open the other doors. We wait some more. Nothing happens. Suddenly we're moving! And he's making some half-assed announcement that anyone who wanted to get off at Embarc will have to go to at West Oakland and take a train going back to SF (no shit, Sherlock)!!  Which I do, and of course by the time I got back to Embarc it's too late to see either movie. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Planned to see a movie tonite: there was a 7:20 Factotum and a 7:30 Half Nelson at Embarcadero.  Got out of the gym at 6:30, grabbed a quick slice o'pizza and hopped on BART at 7:00. Plenty of time, right?  Well, we pull into Embarcadero station at 7:10, and even tho' I'm in the rear of the train, the station's goin' by rather fast...

...and damned if the driver doesn't overshoot the station by, like,  4 or 5 cars!  And so we sit there. He can't back up.  He announces that he's going to manually lock the doors on the cars that are beyond the platform so that he can then open the other doors. We wait some more. Nothing happens. Suddenly we're moving! And he's making some half-assed announcement that anyone who wanted to get off at Embarc will have to go to at West Oakland and take a train going back to SF (no shit, Sherlock)!!  Which I do, and of course by the time I got back to Embarc it's too late to see either movie. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

and you've had a weirder experience!?
That's insane!
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2006, 11:40:08 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"

and you've had a weirder experience!?
That's insane!

I thought those trains were entirely computer controlled, so I'm shocked that one missed the station by half a train's worth of cars. Muni I could believe, but I thought BART was more dependable. Yes, that sucks.

Reminds me of a similar experience on Muni one day a few years ago (although yours was worse for several reasons). I'm on an inbound train, that's creeping along for whatever reason (heavy traffic? breakdown dead ahead? can't recall). The train pulls partially into Van Ness with the back half still in the tunnel, and then sits. And sits. And sits. Finally the driver opens just the front door of the first car, emerges from his little booth at the front of the train, and goes to talk to one of the Muni workers on the platform. He comes back about five minutes later and goes back in his booth. The train that was ahead of us has left the platform and gone on, so he starts moving our train--and just keeps going, having never opened any other doors at Van Ness. Needless to say, there were a bunch of pissed off folks when we got to Civic Center, several of whom came up and gave him an earful once they were off the train.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2006, 12:45:27 PM »
Well, a week and a day of vacay after I get the hell outta here today. So there'll be no Peak, Drive or (probably) 'BCO Mon 10/2 thru Mon 10/9.  But I'll no doubt be checking in throughout.  I'll see Alicat that the A's games, I'm sure.

Good luck in Chicago, Mark!!!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2006, 01:04:19 PM »
Good luck in Chicago, Mark!!!

Thanks Dude!

I'm gonna watch the Sunday night Seahawks-Bears game with my cousins & I'm pretty damn sure I'll be the only one rooting against the home team.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2006, 10:09:40 PM »
Well, it's 10:07 on Friday night, I'm still in the office.  

I'm out of here until next Thursday, down in Vegas for the big User Group all these thousands of hours of work have pointed to.  IF our next build succeeds!

*fingers crossed*
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2006, 12:15:47 AM »
Quote from: "Rod"
Well, it's 10:07 on Friday night, I'm still in the office.  

I'm out of here until next Thursday, down in Vegas for the big User Group all these thousands of hours of work have pointed to.  IF our next build succeeds!

*fingers crossed*

Hope all goes well.
Sharks bleed teal.