Author Topic: 1 Feb 2007: 1987  (Read 12620 times)

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
1 Feb 2007: 1987
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2007, 10:48:05 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "Davefish"
Sounds like a non-standard version of TCL.  I've heard the Hiatt version before, and this is different.

WTG Darryl!  Hitting the (C) Note!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, Crowded House.

that was hiatt!

No argument there.  But this is even less popular than the version Hiatt came out with.  Just saying it's a third version.  Get it?

oh. i see...  :)

I (C) too.  :-}

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »
Quote from: "darryl"
Sounds like a non-standard version of TCL.  I've heard the Hiatt version before, and this is different.

that was hiatt!

No argument there.  But this is even less popular than the version Hiatt came out with.  Just saying it's a third version.  Get it?

So we're all clear.  I'm just blathering to get up to "Kilo-poster" level.  Soon...
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »
(C) Note?

Your hundreth post changed your tagline to "C-note".

oh, gosh - i didn't even get that! you meant "c-note" like a rapper means it. i thought you meant like beethoven. i was trying to figure out if john hiatt had a backing singer named "darryl."

But it's like, still funny, right?  And I'm still cute?

gangsta rappers aren't cute! they're badass!

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2007, 10:50:06 AM »

that was hiatt!

oh, gosh. darryl just got cuter, 2! i'm a sucker for word(number)play.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2007, 10:51:19 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "urth"
Made it all the way to the end of the set before wheeling out the CH. See ya, Mike!

I'll tuff it out for the princess' sake.

Princess, will you be staying up late to watch the Super Bowl?  This Tony Dungy-in-bed-with-Focus-on-the-Family story has kinda got me pissed off about rooting for the Colts.

Oh no, say it isn't so?  TD a moral majority type?  Ick.

He's doing some big fund-raiser for an Indiana offshoot of FOTF (they're trying to make it illegal for gays to adopt in Indiana).  It's actually rather sad, since when his son committed suicide last year, the boy was described in numerous stories as an "unathletic", "artistic" kid who felt out-of-place and inadequate in a family that revolved around football. If those aren't code words for you-know-what, then I'm Ted Haggard.  The fundies are ramping up the "God's Team" nonsense this week, of course.  Funny, nobody called them "God's Team" when they choked against the Steelers a year ago...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2007, 10:54:44 AM »
Made it all the way to the end of the set before wheeling out the CH. See ya, Mike!

Princess, will you be staying up late to watch the Super Bowl?  This Tony Dungy-in-bed-with-Focus-on-the-Family story has kinda got me pissed off about rooting for the Colts.

He's doing some big fund-raiser for an Indiana offshoot of FOTF (they're trying to make it illegal for gays to adopt in Indiana).  It's actually rather sad, since when his son committed suicide last year, the boy was described in numerous stories as an "unathletic", "artistic" kid who felt out-of-place and inadequate in a family that revolved around football. If those aren't code words for you-know-what, then I'm Ted Haggard.  The fundies are ramping up the "God's Team" nonsense this week, of course.  Funny, nobody called them "God's Team" when they choked against the Steelers a year ago...

because god doesn't choke, of course.

and you being ted haggard isn't so far-off as it once seemed! :) ha! that's sad about his son. i tend to think of that sort of pressure as being antiquated. i mean, everyone can move to new york or sf these days. i didn't think anyone but the spanish and the amish still had strong family ties of that sort. shows how cushioned my life has become.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2007, 11:13:03 AM »
Annalisa's bonus: Los Lobos, "One Time One Night".

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2007, 03:45:39 PM »

Oh, Jesus Fuck.  As soon as you mentioned FOTF, my first thought was Dungy's deceased son -- in my skewed reality, when I hear "teen suicide," I think "something in the identity must've made that parental love not so unconditional anymore," in other words, You Know What.

Sigh.  I thought the Saints were God's team this year?  God sucks at football anyway.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2007, 04:07:02 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Sigh.  I thought the Saints were God's team this year?  God sucks at football anyway.

get your head out of someone else's ass - the saints haven't been god's team since the 12th of never.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2007, 09:41:08 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

get your head out of someone else's ass - the saints haven't been god's team since the 12th of never.

No, no, no -- they were "America's Team" this year.  And Spike Lee's.