Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 273275 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2007, 10:21:11 AM »
You could have citizen's-arrested her for stealing Michael McDonald's hair.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2007, 11:12:53 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
I call her Jane. Do any of you know who this woman is?

Looks a little like Barbara Billingsley, except I think she's dead.
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2007, 04:23:46 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
I call her Jane. Do any of you know who this woman is?

Looks a little like Barbara Billingsley, except I think she's dead.

it's still bugging me. i know i know her from somewhere. i can't figure out if she's a politician or a really bad actress. or mike mcdonald's barber.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2007, 04:31:26 PM »

it's still bugging me. i know i know her from somewhere. i can't figure out if she's a politician or a really bad actress. or mike mcdonald's barber.

or an ex-tennis player. or geraldine ferraro.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2007, 09:43:41 PM »

This is how stereotypes get started.   :P
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2007, 10:30:17 PM »

The morning sun, when it's in her face, really shows her age...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2007, 12:01:23 PM »
Weird week ahead: I'll be in day-long training sessions on Mon, Thurs & Fri. So I'll be missing Ginger and Dave on those days and no posting from 9-4.

And of course next week I'll only be around Mon-Tue-Wed and then it's off to NYC for 10 days.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2007, 11:50:15 PM »
Best wishes with all. Training is hopefully exciting and will ensure a successful transition into the new job.

Travel is exciting too. Hope you can report in while away.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Weird week ahead: I'll be in day-long training sessions on Mon, Thurs & Fri. So I'll be missing Ginger and Dave on those days and no posting from 9-4.

And of course next week I'll only be around Mon-Tue-Wed and then it's off to NYC for 10 days.

Looking forward to seeing you!  Although owing to my new hours at Time, I probably won't get to go to the Friday A's game with you.   :cry:  Don't suppose you're catching any other games?  The only way I can go is if copy editors are sent home early (which does happen with some regularity on Fridays, but it's by no means a given).  We'll talk.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2007, 07:56:26 AM »
Well, I'm back and in one piece.   I'm not even gonna attempt to go thru the dozens (hundreds?) of unread threads.  But I'm crushed to discover that I missed Dave's playing of "Mill Valley" on yesterday's morning show. (They replayed the interview with Miss What's-her-name, the teacher.) I'm told the young male residents of Marin refer to it as "MILF Valley" -- LOL!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2007, 11:03:48 AM »
Well, I'm back and in one piece.   I'm not even gonna attempt to go thru the dozens (hundreds?) of unread threads.  But I'm crushed to discover that I missed Dave's playing of "Mill Valley" on yesterday's morning show. (They replayed the interview with Miss What's-her-name, the teacher.) I'm told the young male residents of Marin refer to it as "MILF Valley" -- LOL!

I heard it & it was really a thrill.

:wink:  I never realized there were so many muslim separatists in Mill Valley - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_Islamic_Liberation_Front
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2007, 08:51:40 AM »
So I came in early today, because I need to leave early -- got my first appointment with my new Kaiser doc, woo hoo.

So I'm all set to hear Rob's set and the computer won't boot-up completely.  So I was in cyber-limbo until I.T. came to fix it just now... and so OF COURSE Bob did a '68 set.  And Rob's 1980 set looked great too.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
So I came in early today, because I need to leave early -- got my first appointment with my new Kaiser doc, woo hoo.

So I'm all set to hear Rob's set and the computer won't boot-up completely.  So I was in cyber-limbo until I.T. came to fix it just now... and so OF COURSE Bob did a '68 set.  And Rob's 1980 set looked great too.

Thank you Mr. Murphy. (Although there are those who would consider that "ironic." Don'cha think?)
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
I freaking HATE rainy days.  Especially when they're Mondays.  ESPECIALLY when my schizophrenic upstairs neighbor leaves his aggressive dog outside in the storm and I have to call the ASPCA to do something about it (it's not safe to confront either him or his dog).

This week is off to a bad start.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2007, 10:06:52 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
I freaking HATE rainy days.  Especially when they're Mondays.  ESPECIALLY when my schizophrenic upstairs neighbor leaves his aggressive dog outside in the storm and I have to call the ASPCA to do something about it (it's not safe to confront either him or his dog).

This week is off to a bad start.

Ick. I would totally get behind a movement to license, not dogs, but dog owners.

We went by the SF Animal Care and Control yesterday afternoon to drop off some stuff (not animals!) and looked in on the pets they had up for adoption. While I was encouraged by the relatively small number of dogs they had (compared to when I was in there a year or so ago) I was dismayed how many of those they did have were pit bulls or pit mixes. I know some people love those dogs, but I've heard too many horror stories about them turning on their owners--or the owner's kids. They scare me.
Let's get right to it.